Where to visit next?

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Is this thing on??

Hi! My name is Helen Niles....and I love to travel.

I decided to start a blog on travelling because although I haven't been to far-off places like Asia or Australia (though they may be closer to some of you out there), I hope to one day.

My friend Kelly has a great outdoorsy/crafty blog (www.done-well.blogspot.com). After reading the things that Kelly was writing about, it made me think that it would be cool to share my thoughts and experiences when it comes to travelling. So here I go...

Travelling: Being away from home....going somewhere....packing a suitcase....being in an airport....

All these things get my blood pumping. Although I have a bit of a fear of flying, I LOVE being in airports. Everyone is coming from one city and going to another, everyone is on their own path somewhere. Airports are just as exciting when you're coming back from a trip, as you feel like you haven't been home in ages....even if it was only a weekend excursion. I guess the only bad thing about airports is the random strip search, but I'm sure there's a silver lining to it somewhere :)

I've been to various places in Canada, the US and Europe. My two favourite places are the Czech Republic, as I am Czech (Nazdravi!!), and the Maritimes. My husband, J, is from New Brunswick and we go there to visit his family. Both of these places set my heart at ease.....and I can never wait to go back. Luckily, because my family is from Europe and his family is from NB, we'll never have an excuse not to go.

J and I are taking our honeymoon in September. We are so frikkin' excited! 3 weeks away from home! We are flying to Rome and staying there for 4 days. Then it's off to Pompei for 2 days, Florence for 3, and Venice for 2. We fly to Prague and stay there for 7 days, then it's off to Munich for Oktoberfest!! Our last big trip was in 2008, so this has been a long time coming.

Well, I have to start packing as we're headed to Toronto this weekend. Expect an update as to how awesome Medieval Times is....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I'm so excited for your blog! And I can't say I share your love of airports :( Especially when there are crying children that you fear are sitting in the seat behind you... Can't wait to exchange travel stories!!! (maybe we can inspire more people to start blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jon, and I fully support the inception of this blog :)

    ReplyDelete