Where to visit next?

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tuscany On A Cloudy Day

I know, Unique Munich Part 2 was supposed to be next, but I had to put a brief entry about something else travel related.

My friend Kelly, who I mentioned in my first ever blog post, has a blog. It's crafty, it's outdoorsy, it's creative, it's awesome. http://www.done-well.blogspot.com/ is the place to go and I personally recommend it.

Kelly loves to sew and a long time ago she started making these things called Birdie Slings. The original design is by Amy Butler (http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=37) and Kelly has gone really creative with crazy fabrics and cool themes.

Also a long time ago, I asked Kelly to make me one. I had been looking for a bag with the same type of design for a while and when J and I were on our honeymoon, I paid 8 euros for something similar.....it promptly fell apart the more we travelled and I never use it anymore.

About a month ago, Kelly finally told me she was going to make me one and I was so excited! She had some questions, though, like what colours did I want and how 'loud' did I want it. I told her that I wanted a Tuscany themed bag, with deep reds and browns and oranges. Well, Kelly happened to see a picture of Sorano (in Tuscany, Italy) by Roland Gerth (http://www.corbisimages.com/Search#pg=Roland+Gerth&ri=42-15405430&rin=15405430) and it was this amazing photo with a cloudy sky. The colours involved deep greys, a touch of rust, and grey-browns...hence the new theme "Tuscany on a cloudy day".
I had also asked her to make the inside a bit crazier, since I love it when things like coats and purses have a crazy inner fabric. It's like a surprise everytime you open it. To make the inside crazy, she went with a wine bottle print. The outcome? Amazing!


Thanks, Kelly!!! It's bagtastic and slingsational!!!

1 comment:

  1. friend of kelly's... following the link from her post about this bag

    I love reading about travelling, so I thought I'd say hi.

    hi!

    ReplyDelete