Where to visit next?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Scooting baby = clean floors

We had our neighbours over for a BBQ on Friday. It's great when we invite people over because we do a thorough cleaning of the house. We were also away over the weekend, so this cleanliness has lasted a good several days! Now, I'm not a clean freak, but we have to keep the floors super clean. "But why??" you ask?? Because Elizabeth started to scoot around a few weeks ago!

A week and a half ago, on the day before she turned 7 months old, my parents came over to visit and on a whim my mom just put her down on the floor on her front and placed her mobile phone in front of her. Ellie quick started wriggling and pulled herself along with her arms and eventually reached the phone! We were all amazed!!!

Already the day after that she was more coordinated and now, a week and a half later, she's using her feet to push and her arms to pull. It may take a while to get her on her hands and knees, and actually it may never happen, but atleast she's mobile! I can tell she's much happier that she doesn't need to rely on me to carry her everywhere. It's a full body workout (I will forever maintain that she learned to scoot because all the times I was lying beside her showing her how to do it) so she gets tired quickly, but some days she lasts a good 20 minutes just scooting here to there and back again.

This weekend we will put up a few gates so that she doesn't get to the stairs. At first I wasn't concerned, but she's moving so fast now that I go brush my teeth and when I get back she's across the room (not to worry though, I'm always taking a peek to see where she is).

The time is flying by so fast and her development keeps amazing me. Babies! Wow!

1 comment: