Where to visit next?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Travelling local miles.

We have moved. My last post, I mentioned that we got the keys on Friday, moved some things on Saturday and that the big move was planned for Sunday. With the help of J's buddies and my sister and future brother-in-law, we did the move in 2.5 hours. However, that was only the main move. The days after the move involved us driving back and forth from the old place, filling up the car, and dropping off stuff at the new place.

Why didn't we just put those things in the truck? I don't have a good answer for you, but they just didn't make it on the list. Things like plants and other knick knacks were left behind. Seriously, everyday after work, we went to the condo and did about 2 trips of stuff. We would finish by about 8, then manage to unpack half a box or put something away and then fall asleep by 9:30.

Thursday night, the night before the condo closing day, we had one final load of stuff and then we cleaned the place. It was all echoey, and I made sure I did a final look around before I locked up, much like Denise Huxtable in The Cosby Show when she went off to college. And much like after she goes to college and the spin-off A Different World began to air, our life is also a different world.

Friday, we were both pretty happy as the condo was off our hands and we didn't have to go up and down those stairs again. Don't get me wrong, we loved the place, but in the end we started seeing the lack of functionality. I don't like having rules and having to pay if someone else breaks them. Also, taking bikes up and down those stairs? Not fun. Garbage on your balcony? Not fun. Garage? Pure fun.

J shovelled the driveway last night and this morning and eventhough he complained about his back hurting, I could see the sparkle in his eye from being able to shovel his very own driveway. Note to self, send him out to shovel every chance I get. It's for his own well-being :)

So I can see that this blog is slowly turning into a life blog and not a travel blog. Technically, though, we put quite a few km on the car just driving the 5km back and forth from old place to new place...not to mention the km we put on personally by going up and down stairs.

Don't worry, I will write about Munich next, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment