Where to visit next?

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Maternity Leave (and caternity leave)

I am officially on Maternity leave. It was nice the first couple of days until I started getting some consistent dull back pain. From what I can gather, the baby has descended and I'm getting even closer to D-day (due date). Unfortunately, I have promised J that I will take it easy from now on....and that means only doing one or two things on the list I have prepared for my time off before the baby comes....instead of the 3 to 4 that I managed earlier this week.

Around the 32 week mark, I decided enough was enough and that I have to stop feeling sorry for myself and my ever-expanding middle. You're supposed to get bigger during pregnancy, but for whatever reason (I think it's because my abs were always my favourite body part), I just couldn't get used to the idea. So I took matters into my own hands.....by hiring a photographer and getting maternity photos done. A photographer that's done this type of thing before will know how to pose a pregger so that optimum flattery is obtained. Essentially, it's amazing that we are adding this little person to our family, but I really wanted to look back on pregnancy as a positive thing...not something 'you have to get through'.

Melanie Shields was our wedding photographer and I knew that she did all sorts of different photography. I sent her a quick email, we decided on a date, and we met for the photos. She suggested that the 35-36 mark is the best time to get photos done, and we went to Hog's Back Falls.

Now, I don't think I'd ever actually been to Hog's Back Falls. I'd driven by it loads of times, but it's actually a very nice park!!! We stolled around, I did various poses (some more flattering than others in my mind) and finished in under an hour. Here are some of my favourites:





If you like Melanie's work (and I will press the fact that her prices are very reasonable), her website is http://www.melanieshieldsphotography.com/ and her phone number is 613-296-1239.

As for Zorro, our cat, until the baby comes I am also officially on Caternity Leave and I must say he is enjoying it quite a bit!

3 comments:

  1. I love the last one! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so fabulous! You're right. those pictures make it seem like pregnancy is wicked awesome.

    ReplyDelete