Where to visit next?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

8 is the magic number???

About 2 weeks ago, J was reading some lists of what your kid is supposed to be able to do at 7 weeks. He mentioned that one thing is rolling is one direction from their tummy.

Elizabeth is a champion tummy-timer, but I just really couldn't see her rolling over. I was probably thinking how a dog rolls over rather than a baby. So when 7 weeks came around and she wasn't doing it, I just shrugged my shoulders and told myself these lists are just averages (and they are, don't worry if your child doesn't start to do something when they are 'supposed' to).

The other day, at about 7.5 weeks, Elizabeth rolled over!

J told me that he saw her do it, but no matter how many times he put her on her tummy for me to see it, she didn't do it.

Well get this: A couple of days ago, I caught it on camera! Unfortunately, I'm having some issues posting a video (I've tried different ways, trust me) so if you'd like to see the video, email me or facebook me and I'll send you the Picasa link.

Please don't judge my use of the phrase "yes-siree-bob!". I was really excited!

As for the number 8: my daughter, who was 8 lbs 8 oz at birth on Nov. 8th, who is currently 8 weeks old, slept for 8 hours in a row last night. What is it with the number 8??? Must be lucky :)

1 comment:

  1. 8 is lucky in Chinese because it sounds like the word for prosperity! And that is an ADORABLE picture of Ellie!

    -KK

    ReplyDelete