Where to visit next?

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our brave girl!

About a month ago, Ellie and I were at the doctor for her 1 month check up. After that checkup, we set up the appointment for her first round of (scary music here) immunization shots!

So, basically, for the last month I was NOT looking forward to seeing my little get two needles, one in each thigh. I know, I know, it's not that big a deal, people get needles all the time. The thing is, she sometimes cries so much that she can barely breathe and her face turns purple (she hates water on her face) and I couldn't bear to see her like that.

Mentally prepped and assured by J's coworkers that it wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be, we went to the doctor this morning. Well, she gave me quite a surprise because she only cried a little bit. No purple face, she was able to breathe just fine, and if anything, she was just whining because she had missed her first morning nap. Honestly, she cried more then I (gasp) cut her finger accidentally with the nail clippers the day before (Googling calmed me down when I found that I wasn't the first and I won't be the last!).

When we got home, I fed her and we had a bit of activity. Our little trooper was right as rain...although she did grab my hair and pull really hard. Ouch! She is so strong! Was she perhaps getting me back for taking her to get her shots?

1 comment:

  1. I hate water on my face, too!!! I'd rather get shots in my legs over water on my face any day.

    ReplyDelete