Where to visit next?

Monday, January 9, 2012

No longer a sleepy-head!

From about 4 weeks on, we started reading the book "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems". Ok, first off, it doesn't solve ALL your problems, but if you have a problem with seeing the reasonable way of doing things sometimes (as J and I do), a book spelling it out for you may help. I will also add that I do know there is no manual or handbook when it comes to babies, so although we are reading and somewhat following the guidelines of this book (ie. the EASY routine - East, Activity, Sleep, time for You) we've realized that you can't tailor your baby to a routine. You tailor a routine to your baby.

I've already done a post about waking Elizabeth up and how hard it can be. Lately, though, she's either been waking up on her own by making cute babbling noises until I come in and get her, or her eyes pop open when I turn on the light in her room and open the curtains after a nap. For the latter, here is the sequence of events:

1. I open the door and say "Time to wake up, Elizabeth!", turn on the light and open the curtains. At this point, she opens her eyes.


2. She hasn't really seen me yet, so I unswaddle her arms. One at a time, they shoot up for a stretch.


3. After the initial stretch, she goes into one of those full body stretches we all have after a good sleep. You know, the one where you actually make some noises at the back of your throat and your face contorts because the stretch is so good.


4. Then, the moment comes when she's done stretching and she sees me. A big smile appears on her face and she starts kicking her legs. "Pick me up already!!!" is what she's obviously thinking.


5. Lastly, and this isn't really in the sequence of events, but because she is sleeping on her back all the time and she moves her head from side to side, she's developped the cutest baldspot!

Nothing a little brown marker won't fix.....KIDDING.

1 comment:

  1. Brown marker - great idea ;) Never thought of that. But seriously, cutest cheeks ever!

    ReplyDelete